WHAT IS THE NORTHEAST REGIONAL COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GRANT PROGRAM?
Canada’s community foundations are a national network of public foundations created by and for urban and rural communities to provide lasting support for local priorities. They are recognized sources of knowledge about local issues and are trusted for their ability to expertly manage donors’ funds. Community foundations are one of Canada’s largest grant makers, providing more than $137 million to a wide range of charities in 2006.
Grants will be awarded to charitable organizations in Dawson Creek, Pouce Coupe, Taylor, or Hudson’s Hope.
Grants are made only to organizations recognized by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency as registered charities.
Organizations that are not registered charities can be eligible to apply for grants from the Foundation by contracting with an agency that is a registered charity.
The registered charity must:
- agree to having their charitable registration number used on the application
- accept any flow-through funds on behalf of the applicant, and
- provide a letter from the registered charity stating their agreement to the grant application. The letter MUST be included in the application.
Applicants are eligible for funding for the same program two times in a five year period.
Applicants must demonstrate fiscal responsibility and have a committed volunteer board. Organizations must be based in the Peace Liard region or projects must benefit the residents of the Peace Liard region.
In awarding grants, particular consideration is given to projects which:
- translate needs and problems into issues and opportunities
- lead to individual and organizational self-sufficiency
- build effective partnerships
- promote networking and sharing
- realize a significant and sustainable result with a moderate amount of funding
- contribute to strengthening the community, especially by encouraging the participation of diverse groups and individuals
- are innovative
The Northeast Regional Community Foundation does not support:
- fundraising events and campaign activities
- partisan political or religious activities
- individuals or businesses
- sports and recreation, team or club sponsorships
- deficit reduction
- purchase of computer equipment for administrative purposes
Please fill out the application form as accurately and thoroughly as possible.
Application package – please submit the following items:
- Completed Application form.
- Budget Sheet.
- A list of your organization’s Board of Directors (full names).
- A copy of your organization’s most recent Financial Statements – audited if available.
- A copy of your organization’s most recent Annual Report.
- A letter of agreement from the registered charity that will serve as your “flow through”, if applicable.
Completed application packages can be returned to: