NORTHEAST BC COMMUNITY FOUNDATION RE-ACTIVATING
EMERGENCY COMMUNITY SUPPORT FUND ALONGSIDE
COMMUNITY FOUNDATIONS OF CANADA
The COVID-19 pandemic has been an unpredictable and challenging time for many, with some communities experiencing higher levels of vulnerability than others. Marginalized groups, youth, children and the elderly, essential workers, and newcomers are just some of the communities that are facing increased challenges right now.
The Emergency Community Support Fund was initially launched in May, and the first round of funding was disbursed in June and July, with the Northeast BC Community Foundation awarding a total of $75,000 to eight organizations in our communities.
Through the ECSF, we will be investing $50,000 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting vulnerable populations. Organizations can apply starting on October 5th 2020.
Learn more about the program and find out if your organization is eligible to apply:
Applications will be accepted beginning October 5th 2020 until 11:59 PST October 30th, 2020.
Decisions will be made by November 16th 2020
Successful applicants will be advised and will receive grant awards beginning December 1st 2020.
WHO CAN APPLY
A registered charity or qualified donee, located in Northeast British Columbia is eligible to apply.
Do you have a project that addresses an urgent community need caused by COVID-19? Eligible projects will:
- Clearly address a pressing social inclusion or well-being need caused by COVID-19;
- Serve one or more vulnerable groups;
- Be carried out in a short timeframe with a reasonable budget, before March 31, 2021.
- Be for incremental costs and services due to COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Go to the ECSF information page at Community Foundations Canada: https://communityfoundations.ca/initiatives/emergency-community-support-fund/
2. Submit your application through the online portal (Survey Monkey system).
The Emergency Community Support Fund